This is kind of a big deal…. Zappa freaks have been trading this thing in lo-fi form for years.
The legendary 1981 tribute to Varèse at New York City’s Palladium. The concert famously hosted by Frank Zappa (a longtime Varèse fanatic) and performed by Joel Thome’s Orchestra of Our Time, bootlegs of which had been circulating for decades.
Young Joey Ramone and his guitar..
At SciNote, we believe that science shouldn’t just be reading about the ideas of people with PhDs and Nobel Prizes. We believe that science is an active process of asking questions and finding answers.
That’s why we, at SciNote, want to hear from you. We want to ponder the interesting questions you pose and get excited with you over the cool science you see in your world.
SciNote will feature the best of the Tumblr science community, and we will compile and publish the top posts from every year in the form of a magazine available both digitally and in print. Think of SciNote magazine as the Tumblr science magazine.
We hope to celebrate our launch by featuring some of the coolest science from around Tumblr. So before we launch SciNote, we would like to collect 25 science posts and/or questions from you, including:
- the most interesting science news you have come across
- questions you’ve always wanted to ask
- fascinating facts that you’ve learned
- pictures of nature and/or science that you’ve taken
- cool research that you’ve participated in
- any other science-related thing you’d like to tell us!
- Submit posts or ask questions to be featured on our blog and for an opportunity to be published in SciNote magazine.
- Follow our blog at SciNote.org.
- Read more about our project here.
- If you’re interested, apply to join our staff here.
- Reblog this post so that we can collect 25 posts and launch our project as soon as possible!
Thank you all and happy science!
I am so ridiculous excited about this. SciNote and SciNote mag have the ability to truly broadcast our collective Tumblr Science Side Community efforts out into the world in a way no other social media network has ever done. Signal boost this and let’s gooooo….
Well then, here’s a very interesting thing that I will be keeping an eye on and that you should keep an eye on too.
“His recollection of an abandoned prospector’s shack, which he discovered as child, aptly describes his own studio: ‘a little palace assembled from … almost any type of found object you can imagine.’”
Remembering artist and collagist Jess, who was born today in 1923.
Really amazing work. Do click through.
Filed under: collage
Brownie in a mug directions